Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Finding Inspiration In Others

Two weeks ago in a blog titled "Humor Me Luke" I introduced you to a mentor of mine named Ted Hirsch.  Today I want to stay along those lines and take a few minutes to introduce you to my wife Bridget, and a mentor and friend of hers, Billie.
Bridget inspires me every single day.  She is one of the hardest working people you will ever meet. She is a Mom and Entrepreneur.  She owns and operates a successful photography business, as well as a successful business in Network Marketing, or Direct Sales.  She challenges me to be social (it's a big challenge at times!).  Through Bridget, I've made some great friends.  One of those people is Bridget's friend and mentor in her Network Marketing business, Billie.  Billie has been very successful in Network Marketing (hitting top level in November of 2015, only thirteen months after beginning her career in Direct Sales), and she currently leads a team of 930 women.  I wanted to take a minute and discuss with Billie what she finds inspiring, energizing, and how she keeps a balance of her personal and professional life.  Below is my short interview with her, and a picture of her and her family.
I hope today you take the time to find inspiration in the incredible people around you, and it motivates you to be the best you can be.
Until next time.
-Luke

What attracted you initially to become a Network Marketing Professional?  “My decision to become a Network Marketing professional was extremely impulsive. I purchased a product from my friend, fell in love, visited her website, and joined. That was it. I didn’t know a thing about the company, other than the awesome product I bought, didn’t know a thing about network marketing, and didn’t have a clue where to begin… but I was EXCITED! I QUICKLY learned this was a HUGE opportunity for me to build a successful business, help a lot of other women do the same, fill the void I had, AND, still be able to do it all from home while raising our girls. I became OBSESSED with the business and the potential it possessed, dove head first into learning everything I could, worked my butt off, and made my goal to hit the top level of the company by my one year anniversary. I fell short 1 month, but I’ll take it!”


What is one thing you do on a daily basis that you find vital to your personal development?  “I find it not just critical to my success, but absolutely necessary, to feed my mind positivity and good every single day! I read books, watch motivational videos, attend church regularly,  research success stories, listen to positive, upbeat music (Matthew West being my current favorite), and read inspirational quotes ALL.THE.TIME. I believe that you cannot have a positive life with a negative mind, and it definitely requires time and effort. If you don’t do it daily, START! Like, NOW! It is life-changing and, without a doubt, a HUGE part of the success I’ve had.”

Are there any resources that you would share in which you feel contributed greatly to your success? Being an online-based business, my main go-to resources were just that, online. Everything in network marketing is duplicatable, so again, not knowing anything about network marketing, I sought out, and followed our industries top leaders.
  • I watch what top leaders in Network marketing did on their social media pages, visited their websites, and watched/read the training materials they had available. I put my own spin on what I saw and went to work.
  • I did a ton of research and learned everything I could from some of our industries legends, Eric Worre, Jim Rohn, and Tony Robbins.
  • I cannot talk about my success without giving credit to my parents. Growing up I had a strong work ethic instilled in me, and the confidence to believe I could do anything I set my mind to. I believe that to this day and pray I’m instilling the same in our girls!

What fuels your passion to be the best you can be?Knowing I CAN fuels my passion! I have a strong “WHY NOT” attitude. I have believed my entire life that if you were going to do something, WHY NOT do it as best as you can! Since I was a little girl, I KNEW I was going to do something really incredible...  something truly great… I just never knew what it was until now. Everything happens for a reason and the law of attraction is POWERFUL. This opportunity found me, I believe that, and I hardly focus on WHY I’m doing what I’m doing, or WHY I’m working as hard as I am, but rather WHY NOT! The sky is the limit and I plan to continue to take full advantage of that. To not only be able to change my family’s life, but help change the lives of as many others around me as I can, is the most rewarding thing I’ve ever done. I’m 110% certain this is where I’m meant to be.

What do you define as a "win" when balancing your personal and professional life?  “Balancing work and my personal life was, and continues to be, where I have struggled most. It’s hard to “shut it off” with the crazy amount of passion and drive I have for my business and my team, BUT, like anything, you can ALWAYS find a way to make it work if you want to. My approach has been to involve my family where I can, continue to share my goals with them so they know why I’m working as often as I do, and celebrate successes with them. A win for me is any day I see excitement on my FAMILY’S face towards my business.” 

We both share a love for music, what is your "go to" jam these daysI currently love anything by Matthew West, have a total girl crush on Adele, and ALWAYS have Jack Johnson on Pandora when I need and/or want some chill music in my life. 





No comments:

Post a Comment