Saturday, August 20, 2016

An Open Letter To My Community

This past week I observed two separate events that had a profound impact on me.  I have been recently experiencing a rather cynical attitude towards society, and these events forced me to re-examine my attitude and current state of mind.
The first event I am speaking of involved the tragic loss of a young local businessman.  The outpouring of love and support for this family from our community and his peers was beyond measure.  What a dynamic statement of remembrance was on display as a reflection of the positive impact he had on his community.
The second event involved a woman of whom I went to high school with, and a social media post in which she shared an experience she had, which compelled her to action.  She stated that she had observed a man in a wheelchair struggling to get up a hill (in 95 degree humid weather).  She happened to see numerous cars just drive past him, so she stopped and helped him up the hill.  As I read her post I was thankful to know that there are still people in our world who care to give of themselves to help others when they are in need.
I would like to sincerely thank all of you who live your lives just a little differently.
Thank you for being kind and compassionate, and caring for others to make our communities better.
We can do this, together.
Until next time.
-Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment