Thursday, May 5, 2016

The Rose.

Have you ever gone out of your way, or done something a little bit extra, just to make someone in your life feel special?
Growing up, I used to love to ride along with my Dad in the summertime. He'd take me along to visit people, or just to run errands.  Most days if we went South from our home, we'd end up stopping by my Grandpa Thomas's farm.
Grandpa Thomas had a passion for gardening, and he always shared what he grew.  I remember every time we would stop, he would send home flowers from his garden to my Mom.  The flower I remember the most were the roses.  He grew the most beautiful roses you have ever seen.  Big, tip your vase over, vibrant roses, in all colors.
He could have left them right on the vine and kept them all to himself, but instead, he knew how much my Mom enjoyed the beauty and fragrant aroma of the rose, and he never let us leave without sending Dad home with a bouquet for Mom.
What will you do today to make someone in your life feel special?  Small, generous acts can have a positive, profound, and lasting impact on someones life.  Let's do this, together.
Until next time.
-Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment