Tuesday, January 19, 2016

What a souper day.

One thing I love to do in the winter months is making home-made soup.  This past Sunday I made a hearty turkey vegetable. Here are three reasons why I find this simple act a privilege.
1. It allows me to be creative and spontaneous.  Soup does this? Absolutely! I never use a recipe, and just go at it on the fly! This is completely opposite of my everyday life, so this offers a bit of change to my normal tendencies. 
2. I love the affirmation.  I really feel loved when my wife tells me how good the soup tastes! Plus, it is very satisfing to know I've helped her a little by cooking dinner, and that she enjoyed it. 
3. It helps me reminisce. I am so blessed by the memories of growing up in a loving home with the occasional dinner of "lunch meat stew." Dad is a pro at creating never heard of concoctions of leftovers and things hiding in the fridge, and turning them into tasty soups! I like to think he passed down his soup making skills to me. 
Whatever you decide to do today, do something that is fulfilling, and take pride in knowing you've taken the step to do it, even if it's just making some soup!
Until next time.
-Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment