Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Who Is This Man (in my body)?

My wife and I have a love hate relationship with our living room fireplace.  We love to sit and watch its flames flicker,  listen to its soft crackle, and feel it's warmth. In order to enjoy those things, I first have to light it, (the hate!), and get it to burn. There are times in which this presents me with quite a challenge!

I am an amateur at this fireplace game, and lighting that fire can bring out the person inside of me that only my closest friends and family know.  He's the guy I fight to repress and replace every single day, because I know I can be, and do, better than my most primal nature. 
This man battles negative thoughts and insecurity, outbursts of rage, depression, and physical pain. Some days this battle is completely exhausting and defeating, and some days it is victorious.

Today, I'm going to get to know who I really am a little bit more. I'm going to focus on the victory. I'm going to focus on the positive. 
You can do it too! Let's light that fire and enjoy every second this life has to offer!

Until next time.
-Luke



3 comments:

  1. Love your honesty all of us have this struggle and battle, thanks for being real friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your honesty all of us have this struggle and battle, thanks for being real friend.

    ReplyDelete