Wednesday, January 6, 2016

What Motivates You?

I've always been the type of person who likes a challenge. 
My favorite class in high school was English. I loved the content of the literature, as well as the antagonistic nature of the teacher whom prompted me to think independently and always do my best work.
I remember a specific situation during my senior year in which I was given a failing grade on my mid-term exam because instead of writing what was discussed in class per the question, I wrote my own interpretation. Graciously, my teacher met with my Dad and I and allowed me to prove I knew the material and had studied it. He then also allowed me to explain how I had come to write the answer I did.  When all was said and done, my paper was re-graded, and I passed. 
This set a precedence in my life, it proved to me that I can be successful by being prepared, thinking independently, and working hard! 
There have been many times in my life since then in which I've failed, and circumstances haven't turned out as favorable as they did with the mid-term exam. 
One thing has held true from then until now, I've learned from my victories, and my failures, and have celebrated both.  I don't have everything figured out, and that's ok.
I don't know what challenge you may be facing today, but I do know that you are valuable, and you can impact this world in a positive way when you are the change you want to see. 
This life is challenging, keep on learning, be passionate about it, and don't give up.
Until next time.
-Luke





No comments:

Post a Comment