Thursday, February 18, 2016

Bubbling Waters.

Everyone needs a good friend. The guy standing next to me in the picture below is a good friend of mine, his name is Joe. Joe is a very hard worker, great father and husband, amazing outdoorsman, and a guy I love to be around. Once you meet him, you'll never forget him. One thing Joe and I like to do together is to go fishing. I want to tell you about a time Joe and I went fishing at a local spot to us called Tingley Lake. 
It was early one morning on the Fourth of July, I think in 2009.
We were having a heat wave, and it was about 70 degrees when we set out at 5:30am. 
We fished for about an hour, and had no luck. We rowed our way around the entire lake hoping to find a spot to cast and land the lunker. Nothing.
Then, just as the sun began to clear the trees and cast its rays on the water, it started to happen. The water started to bubble, just like a rolling boil.
We looked at each other with excitement, I grabbed the oars, Joe got his pole ready, and I rowed as fast and hard as I could to get us to the bubbling water.  Once we got close, Joe cast his line, and as soon as his lure hit the water, BAM! Fish on! Joe reeled it in, released it back to the water, and cast at the bubbling water again, BAM! Another catch. He reeled it in, released it, and the bubbles dissipated. Then, far across the lake, we hear, and then see, the bubbling water.  I grab the oars, row fast and hard, Joe gets ready, and the same thing happens. We continued to do this for about twenty minutes, and then the top water fish feeding frenzy was done for the day, and we called it a good day for fishing!
So I ask you, what opportunity is bubbling right next to you today? Are you ready to work hard to get to it?  Maybe it's just as simple as spending some time with a good friend. 
Until next time.
-Luke

2 comments: