Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Dad of the Year (Three ways Fatherhood has made my life better)!

This past Sunday was the day of the year our nation sets aside to celebrate Dad's. For the past eight years I've been able to experience the pride of Father's Day.  As I consider those years, I realize how much being a Daddy has changed my life, and I'd like to share three ways in which I have been blessed to experience these positive changes. 
1.  Embracing Self-Doubt.  As much as I want to say that I hold the title of this blog ("Dad of the Year"), I'm far from the title, and the best part is, I can recognize that fact. I don't have all of the answers, and I'm tying to figure it out, day by day. Like every parent, I want what's best for my kids, and many days I end up wondering if I'm doing this parenting thing right. If you're reading this blog right now, I'm ninety-nine percent sure you've had the same thoughts. Let's embrace our self-doubt and allow it to motivate us to be present in our kids lives, and show them how much we love and care for them by being transparent, honest, genuine and compassionate. 
2.  I have experienced true joy. There are memorable, defining moments that occur in our lives, many of them I hope are one's in which you have experienced true joy. The first time I saw and held each of my kids I experienced joy to the fulllest.  Experiencing joy encourages us to lead a life filled with gratitude.
3.  I have become a better problem solver .Life as a Daddy is often unpredictable.  Each day I am faced with unique situation's and circumstances that force me into thinking things through in the hopes to turn thought into positive action, not negative reaction. 

Life is challenging. I'm thankful I have been given the opportunity to face the challenge of parenthood. We can do this, together.
Until next time.
-Luke


No comments:

Post a Comment