Sunday, June 12, 2016

The last time.

This past Sunday as I opened the case and took hold of my 2008 Gibson Les Paul guitar, it occurred to me that the last time I had played it publicly was at the funeral for my good friend's and band-mates Dave and Rita Jennings 
(see more about that day here: http://lukeandlife.blogspot.com/2016/01/moving-on-when-it-hurts.html).  As I picked up and slung the guitar over my shoulder, floods of memories washed over me.  I thought about how many times I had done this same thing in the past, without one thought that this time may be the last time I get to experience these moments, and time spent doing something I love, with people I love.  
Let's take today and consider the precious moments we experience each and every day.
Let's be filled with gratitude. We can do this, together.
Until next time.
-Luke



No comments:

Post a Comment