Tuesday, June 7, 2016

I dare you.

It was a beautiful Sunday summer afternoon. My brothers and I sat out on our porch deck railing with some delicious chocolate pudding my Mom had made us for dessert that day. As I sat across from my oldest brother, he took a big spoon full of chocolate pudding, created a catapult with his spoon and hands and pointed it in my direction. I looked at him and his big grin and said "I dare you." 
Before the last word left my lips, he launched the spoon full of pudding at me.  I didn't even have time to move out of the way, and the chocolate pudding hit me right in the eye. 
We erupted in laughter.  My mom, not so much at first, but eventually! 
We experienced this fun little afternoon about thirty years ago, and it seems like only yesterday. 

What will you do today to enjoy life? I dare you to take the chance.

Until next time.
-Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment