Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Who's watching you?

I have a habit.  I like to spit.  Don't know why, just something I've done for years.  That extra saliva in my mouth, I take it, roll it onto my tongue, and spit it out.  I know, it sounds a bit disgusting, because it is!
This past Sunday as I walked my youngest son around the yard (him being on my shoulders), out of habit, I spit on the ground.  Next thing I knew, the top of my head was being showered with spit from the mouth of my three year old son.  I didn't get upset, he was just doing what I did!  He was watching me, imitating me.  He wanted to do what I was doing, just like I did with my Dad when I was his age.
That moment provoked me into thinking about how many other habits I have that are seen on a daily basis, good and bad.  It encouraged me to focus on the good.
We all have areas in our life in which we want to change.  It takes some acknowledgment.  It takes some effort.  Sometimes it takes being literally spit on to take a good look at ourselves and know that we can have a positive impact on the lives around us, if we are willing to do so.  What is standing in the way of us being who we were truly meant to be?
We can do this, together.
Until next time.
-Luke

1 comment:

  1. Well said Mr. Luke!!! Too often stinking funny as well!!!

    ReplyDelete