Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Living in the present-tense.

"Wherever you are, be all there." -Jim Elliot
There are moments in our lifetime that define us. They shape our character, they mold our being.
This week as we celebrated my youngest son's birthday, I considered a few of those moments which had occurred in my lifetime. As I thought about these times I determined that one of the reasons they impacted me so greatly is because I was living in, and for, that moment.  I was engaged in it. For some of these moments, I was completely self-aware of the growth I was experiencing at the time, and others, my self awareness was grown after the moment had occurred. 
I wonder what kind of positive impact we could have on this world if we all chose to live more in the present. What could happen if we were more self aware, and more engaged with others  on a personal level. 
The many tragic events in our great nation that have occurred over the past few years have recently motivated me towards the opportunity placed before all of us right now. We can embrace all that is ugly and all that is beautiful, we can live with more empathy and compassion than we ever have before.  We can make a positive impact on the lives around us.  We can do this, together. 
Until next time. 
-Luke 






No comments:

Post a Comment