Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Independent Living

This past weekend we celebrated our nations Independence Day.  In our house, we also celebrated a milestone of independence, as my six year old daughter decided it was time to take the training wheels off of her bike and ride it without them. I was reluctant to say the least, a bit fearful for her safety, but also the state of maturity she is growing into.  Even as I hesitated, I was as excited and nervous as she was to face and conquer a new challenge. As I let go of her bike and she pedaled down the driveway, my smile beamed and my tears glistened in the sunlight as I knew I was letting go of a little bit more than just a bicycle. 
Do you remember what it was like the first time you did something? Do you remember the pride and empowerment you felt by your accomplishment? Everyday we have the opportunity to become more, to overcome our fear, to make this world a better place. What are you doing today to make yourself better than you were yesterday? What will you do to make a positive impact on our world today? We can do this, together.
Until next time.
Luke 


No comments:

Post a Comment